Saturday, November 23, 2013

Gypsy Kisses Quilt


Gypsy Kisses Quilt

Hello!  It has been such a long, long time since I've written a blog post, but I've been quilting again so I thought I'd share one that I just finished (quilt top, that is) and am in love with it!  I had a stack of Scrumptious, Happy Go Lucky and Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille and knew I wanted to do something really pretty with it since I love this fabric so much.  The Gypsy Kisses pattern in the book Material Obsession 2 by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke is one I have been eyeing for a long time - I thought it was too difficult for me but decided to take on the challenge anyway.  I found out it is not that hard of a pattern, just takes a long time to make - but is well worth it in my opinion.  Anyway, here are a few pictures of the finished top- enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by!- Jennifer

Gypsy Kisses Quilt

Gypsy Kisses Quilt

 Gypsy Kisses Quilt

Gypsy Kisses Quilt

16 comments:

ferne said...

That turned out fabulous! I especially like the color combos.

Laurie said...

wow- this is STUNNING. You really did the fabrics and pattern justice. Time consuming but obviously so worth it.

Karen said...

It is beautiful! What a gorgeous quilt. Have you decided on how you will quilt it?

jrelfoswald said...

I want to make that! Unlike anything I have ever made but gorgeous.

Steve said...

This is so gorgeous! I have a stack of Kaffe Fasset fabrics that would look great in this pattern. Do you think it'd take forever to make a queen-sized quilt?

Cindy said...

You know I love this one, but thanks for the chance to see it again! Definitely going to give it a go once I get a few WIPs finished!

Blue.Ridge.Girl said...

Wow! This gypsy kisses quilt turned out so wonderfully! It does look like a super hard quilt pattern. Glad to hear it wasn't bad.

Leila said...

Wonderful! I love the navy centers. Great fabric choices. I have been eyeing that pattern for awhile too. Maybe I will take the plunge. :)

Lori said...

this is really pretty, cant wait to see the finished quilt

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt!
Smiles,
Kelly

Jacki said...

You did a great job, it's beautiful!!

Jeanie said...

Really, really lovely!!!! I just love clicking onto you and your sister's blog-always wonderful stuff to look at:)

Franziska said...

Wonderful! So cheery! I like the pattern, too, and someday I'll give it a try.

bountiful quilter said...

I have wanted to make this quilt for a very long time, your quilt is a really great inspiration!

Suzanne Lawrence said...

Amazing! I love it!

Sandra Flores said...

Que lindo. Y tiene mucho trabajo. Great job!