Monday, September 24, 2012

Short Trips Around the World

Short Trips Around the World Baby Quilt
I found a way to use the extra squares from the Baby Girl Trip Around the World Quilt.
I've seen this design quite a bit lately around blogland... I think an individual block is being called a "Granny Square" since it looks like a quilt version of a crocheted Granny Square.  Looks like Jolene at Blue Elephant Stitches has a cute tutorial on how to make a Granny Square Quilt Block.
Mine's a little different as I connected all the blocks together with a square of white in between and added a border print around the outside. 
Short Trips Around the World Baby Quilt

Short Trips Around the World Baby Quilt
Baby quilts are really fun to make right now. They require minimal time and I can use of some of the scraps and extra fabrics from other projects. It's also been fun to change up the Trip Around the World pattern. I hope you're not getting tired of all the squares being sewn around here!
Happy Sewing!
:) ~Jessica

11 comments:

Kelsey said...

Adorable!!!

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Beautiful! Love that border print with it.

MM Quilts and Embroidery said...

Adorable! I just love it.

Jennifer said...

Very cute!!

Jennifer :)

mindingmomma said...

definately not tired of seeing what you've done lately

traceyjay said...

I love how you used the white to link these... so cute!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

VERY pretty!

Marit said...

Oh, I love this one, too!

; )

Sonya said...

I love everything you do... it's never tiring! This is beautiful :)

Christine said...

Love your quilt .... I really like the white too.

belarmina said...

me gusta mucho!!!!! creo que es muy tierno
saludos