I finished up this cute little baby girl quilt this past week! I always wanted to try making a quilt of all triangles set on point. Most of these triangles were left over parts from a couple of baby quilts I made a while ago. I still loved the color combination and the fabric prints, so another quilt was born out of them.
I love how the rounded corners turned out on this one.
It's going to be hard not to round all the corners on all the quilts now!
This little quilt is going to be available in my etsy shop shortly.
I hope your week is off to a good start. The sun is shining here and I've been doing laundry and decorating for fall. Now I'm all inspired to repaint my sun porch and give it a whole new look. ...maybe later this week. We'll see how it goes! (You can follow me on Instagram, to see more pictures of what I'm up to.)
Well, I'm officially back to slipcover making, sewing and quilting! Earlier this month, I sent all of my kids to school. It's been the first time in 15 years that I haven't had a little one by my side all day long. My oldest started high school, my oldest son started 6th grade and my youngest son started kindergarten. That has been such a great accomplishment for me and I'm so happy to see them enjoying school and learning from their wonderful teachers. It has been an adjustment for me (boy, the house is quiet during the day!) but I'm am learning to appreciate the time and peace. I have always loved being creative and I'm going to put these hours during the day to good use!
Last week, I made these four slipcovers for some parson chairs.
The little pleated skirt on all of them was so worth it! I love the contrasting piping and little pleated skirt.
I hope you'll join me here more often as I'll be posting more about my sewing and slipcover making.
This past weekend I needed a quick and fun project to do. Camille's Mini Dwell houses were fun to make and I just dug through the scrap boxes to find fabrics. Some of them used the tiniest pieces!
I had a little bit of Kona Sky to use as the background fabric and there really isn't any rhyme or reason to the color scheme. I just tried to find fabrics that kind of went together and that were a smaller size print.
I marked the quilting lines on with a disappearing marker and had to quickly quilt it before they all disappeared! I used an Aurifil Wool thread that I had gotten as a sample from the Sewing Summit years ago. I have to say, it gives a really neat look to the quilting. It kind of looks like a thin yarn. I think i'm going to have to see if I can find some more of it somewhere.
So, here are my little Dwell houses! Tiny and cute and just the right project for me to have something fun and creative to work on over the weekend.
I think this will be my third post this week! That's almost unheard of lately around here, but I've been working hard at finishing up some things and that's produced some good things to blog about.
This quilt was finished up yesterday evening and I'm so happy with how it's turned out. It's so cute and cheerful!
The fabrics are a pretty mix of DS Quilts fabrics available at Jo-Ann's. I bought some of them a few months ago and was drawn to the bright intensity of their colors. I mixed them with some others that I had at home to add a little more variety.
You can find this quilt for sale in my etsy shop. It was fun to make and hopefully this will be a well loved quilt for a little girl someday soon!
DS Quilts fabrics by Denyse Schmidt for Fabric Traditions
I've had this pretty stack of fabrics siting out ever since I bought them at Jo-Ann's. The colors were so bright and cheerful. They just make you happy looking at them.
A couple of weeks ago, I cut them up into 3" squares and decided to try them out in another "Trip Around the World" design. It's a design that I really like. It's simple, you get to play around with fabric placement and just plain fun for me to make!
This one is baby quilt sized. I'm thinking it needs a boy version as a companion. I'm not making them for any particular reason... maybe they'll end up in my etsy shop when I'm done with them. They sure would brighten up any nursery and provide a lot of pattern and color for a baby to look at.
Now I need to figure out how I'm going to quilt it and get started!
I can't believe we're into July already. We're having a fun summer so far and a few weeks ago I was able to work on a rocking chair slipcover for a client. The picture above is the original chair and below is the after. What a difference some new fabric can make!
My client wanted a new look for her sun room and the pretty blue and cream pattern went well with the color and other furniture she has in her room. She choose to keep the ottoman a more solid blue fabric (it has a very small tone on tone stripe pattern to it).
My client was very happy with how everything turned out; and I am, too! There's piping on the seat cushion and back and also on the ottoman. There are zippers on the seat and back cushions to allow for easy washing.
The arm rest covers were a little bit of a challenge to figure out, but I enjoy that part of the process. I wanted to be able to use the original snaps because this particular chair has the arm rest covers snap to the wooden frame. I created a finished square opening in the slip cover to allow the snaps to be used (as you can see in the picture below) wherever they were placed on the original padded arm rest.